Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:48:14 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "Charlie Hetherington" <p_chan5@hotmail.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: March 31, 2001 1:18:40 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [gundam] Catapults

>I think they're there to give the MS a little forward momentum >so they
don't
>have to waste fuel getting out to the battle. But, it does seem >odd if the
>battle is around the ship and they use the catapult.

>-Charlie

If the battle is around the ship, the MS can be released without having to
use the catapult. Such as in CCA when we see some od the MS docked outside
the ship near airlocks so they can launch anytime without the need for the
catapult. Most MS battles though happen at quite a distance and any
opposing MS will have to go through a screen of MS and anti-MS fire to
actually get at a ship.

>From: Peter Carranza <uc0088sentinel@excite.com>
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: [gundam] Catapults
>Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:18:26 -0800 (PST)
>

>Do the MS catapults on MS carriers serve a purpose in zero G space? You
>don't really need to "launch" in space, since there's no gravity to
>overcome. I guess they're more dramatic than merely putting the MS out with
>a mechanical arm and releasing them like in Macross DYRL.
>
>"Amuro, Gundam... Ikimaaaaasu!"
>
>Pc

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.