Binoy D Fernandez (bdfernan@midway.uchicago.edu)
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:01:24 -0600

I never thought Kou was all that good of a pilot. Impulsive and reckless,
most of what made him seem to be a good pilot was the fact that he was
piloting GP01 and then GP03. The Gundams could outperform any other mobile
suit, and the armor that they had allowed the pilot a greater chance of
surviving - as evidenced by the attempt to pilot GP01 in zero-g without the
modifications.

The best Kou could ever do against Gato was to destroy both GP01 and GP02,
really, and even then it was a hollow victory in a sense because Kou lost
his gundam as well. Burning, Sanders, Shiro Amada, etc... were all better,
more skilled pilots than Kou IMO.

binoy