BlazeEagle (blazeeagle@charter.net)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:22:19 -0500

I love 0083 as well. It's not the best Gundam series, but it's good
nonetheless. I think it was intended as a action series, more then anything
else and to have awesome mecha battles. I've heard some say some Gundam
shows focus too much on the mecha, but weither some like this or not, Gundam
IS a mecha show. What sets apart from others as it's equal parts mecha and
character driven, you can't have one without the other.

Some may argue "Yes, it can, look at 0080". Which was a good story, but
Gundam IS a mecha show and a Gundam show with barely any mecha battles is
like music coming through a muffled speaker, it's music, but it's muffled,
so it's not the way the music was intended to be heard. The battles 0080 did
have where some of the best, but it felt like a muffled Gundam story to me.
It can't be Gundam, if a Gundam isn't in it. It could, but the Gundam was
created to be a symbol and some Gundam shows, 0080 included, seem to forgot
this. From what I gather, a Gundam is a symbol for freedom, hopes and dreams
as well as eventuall peace, at least for a while anyway.

Some probably won't admit it, but anyone who builds Gundam kits is a fan of
the mecha. One doesn't build tank kits if they don't like tanks, right? I
don't like tanks, but I do like some cars and planes. Yes, just because
someone drives a car, doesn't mean they are a fan of them or even like them,
they are required transportion, at least in the US, but one doesn't buy
mecha kits just to buy them, they buy them because they like mecha and
building stuff, even though they probably have other interests. Mecha does
sale :) If it wasn't popualar and didn't sale, they wouldn't be made. Gundam
is basically a toy ad, it's not pretty, but it's the truth. Gundam just
happens to always have good stories. I've seen the first four episodes of
Zeta, several of 08th MS Team, F91, all of GW and all focus on the mecha and
mecha battles, mecha are always a central part to Gundam. 0080 was a
personal story more then other Gundam shows , but 0080 still revolved around
mecha, namely on destroying the NT-1 Gundam Alex.

Aaron aka BlazeEagle
"Believing a sign of Zeta"