CHIN, Chien Ting (chin@tch.fgg.eur.nl)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:09:24 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Marcel Tualla wrote:
> just use the Gunze Sangyo thiner or any acrylic paint thinner.
> Or just use warm water, if your paint hasn't already dried on your
> brush. If it has already dried on the brush solid try gently breaking
> the paint up while dipping in either of the two thinners mentioned.

NO! Cleaning brushes with model paint thinner is a huge waste of money.
Buy industrial/household laquer thinner by the buckets for brush cleaning.
Save your brandname thinner for mixing paint and airbrushing.

Gundam Color paint is completely insoluble in water and acrylic thinner.
Use laquer thinner.

If the brush is dried solid, you can soak it in thinner for an hour or so.
But a better solution is perhaps throw it away and remember to be more
careful next time.

> Ghost wrote:
> > I need to know what to clean the Gundam paint sets off my brush. The three
> > color paint sets are by gunze sangyo (kampfer set). Anyone got a solution
> > that won't poison me in the process?

There is pretty much only one practical solution, laquer thinner. And
it's bad for you brain if you sniff a lot of it. But just keep a window
open and you are fine. Less harmful than a puff of cigarette or a short
stroll in the city.

Dr. Core
Brain Surgeon
Newtype Asylum