Richie Ramos -- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gundam! (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:46:00 +0800

> > > No major continuity issues.
> > uhm, I beg to differ, there are MAJOR continuity issues, specially on
the
> > tech side.
> oki? well fellow pinoy please explain. Where they those Titan MSs in Z
that
> didn't
> parallel with the MS's in 0083? Or the liner seat technology used in the
GP03?
> etc etc
> What were they? would love to know...
> Marci

Read Z's posts on certain craters, also check out Mark Simmon's ruminations
in the archive. although now we argue that the whole gp03 project can be
kept secret on paper, in real life it isn't so easy. all the fleet
personnel who were killed -- what do you tell the families? all the
scientists on earth, what do you tell them about the x-ray burst? hard to
believe that by Z they had forgotten.

And yes, the technology is a problem. Some aspects and firepower levels of
GP-style technology is possible by
ZZ, but not in Z, I think. I wold love to enumerate more, but i would
rather
say that the archives is the answer, since I do not want to rehash on the
list. Suffice to say, there are problems.

As for 0083 itself...I like it, it's an okay gundam story. it just has
terrific problems, continuity-wise.

Understand, am not slagging 0083 without cause. am just pointing out that
there are things to consider. by itself, 083 is okay, but I've watched
and/or read the synopsis and technical history of most of gundam (all that
is available on the web, anyway...), and I can see the headaches that the
series created.

Just my two cents, from a fellow pinoy to another.