Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:16:32 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "CHIN, Chien Ting" <chin@tch.fgg.eur.nl>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: March 26, 2001 10:35:18 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [gundam]Plot holes in 08MST

Echo|Fox wrote:
>> Where to begin?
>> 08MST is one of my favorite Gundam series, but it is riddled >with
>> continuity busting plot points.
>> They key one being the large number (16?) of RX-79[G] Gundam >Groundtypes
>> running around Earth. I just don't see how they can possible >rationalize
>> their existence, given that the RX-78 was just a prototype >and the GM's
>> were even newer. Just ... wierd. As someone mentioned the >last time this
>> was brought up, it would have been cooler, IMHO, if >the "Gundams" in
08MST
>> were just GM's with v-fins and faceplates bolted on to >confuse the Zeon
>> forces... sort of fake Gundams if you will.

>Well all the UC OVAs are continuity busters. Personally I've >heard all I
>care about the geneology of NT1, Gundam Groud Type and the GP >series.
>Continuity breakages of these kind are not very interesting to >me, because
>they are partly intentional.

>Let's think about internal plot holes, and there are a few in >08MST.

>Was the Ez8 a better MS than RX-79[G]? If so, how come Shiro->the-most-
>distrusted-soldier-in-the-whole-goddamn-army gets assigned to >it?

It had a better thrust-to-weight ratio that's for sure since it's lighter
and it supposedly has better armor arrangement (thicker where it needs to be
- namely front).

>How come Ginias started shooting BEFORE the Zanzibar get to a >safe
>distance?

He was psycho! Actually, it was Aina who started shooting, she was a "bit"
angry at Norris' death.

>How come Eledore and Michel received no disipline after going >AWOL and
>risking his commander's ass?

Probably due to Nickerd's connections, he probably gave them fake papers to
say they were ordered to go scout.

>How come Michel, a nice decent guy but a lousy soldier, got >assigned to
>a position in one of the very few MS teams?

Lack of people I guess.

>Most importantly, after the court martial, why did the brass >send Shiro on
>a mission on the final assault? If his team was used as a >sacrifical
>diversion (as one line of dialogue vaguely suggested), how come >he ended
>up escorting those Guntanks, one of the most critical part of >the assault?

Hmm... maybe Lyer changed his mind. Maybe he thought that if Shiro was a
spy, he would cause havoc in the mine breaching operations.

>Dr. Core
>Brain Surgeon
>Newtype Asylum
http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum