Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:53:15 -0800

>Agreed.
>Overall I wasn't satisfied with the dub of GW, but I've heard worse, and I
>do appreciate that some of them tried to change as time went out.
>It's downright foolish that studios don't let the VA's watch the whole show
>first. It's one thing to allow them to give their own take on the character,
>its entirely another to be flying blind as to how they're supposed to act.

I'd blame it on the director, or whoever was in charge of producing the
dub. They either didn't allow for enough time to prep the VAs, or didn't
care enough to go through this vital step. If they (Ocean Group) always
operated with this kind of mentality and they are, as someone described,
"one of the best in the business", then it's no wonder why so many people
hate dubbed anime.

The truth of the matter is, for these professionals, most of the time it's
just a a day job, and not something they breath day in and day out like
fans do.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0