Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:38:26 -0600

Brian Potter wrote:

> Getting extremely off subject here, but since you brought it up...
> How would a mobile suit not be able to use beam weapons. I mean, the weapons
> are charged at the home ship, and all the minovsky particles are kept in the
> rifle. Are you saying the Rx-78-1, and other mobile suits supposedly
> incabable of using beam weapons are incapable of pulling the trigger on
> their gun? Or does the MS not supply enough energy to fuse the Minovsky
> particles into mega particles? Please excuse me if i have missed something
> extremely obvious...
>
> Brian "Super-Rad" Potter

it's the latter, the E-cap or E-clip only storres highly compressed
Minovsky particles that just need some additional outside-energy as a
catalyst for fusion into mega-particles, some earlier mobile suits
lacked the power to provide sufficeint energy for fusion thus were stuck
with watered-down beam-spray weapons or more conventional arms like
machine guns and bazookas...

more detailed info can be found at
http://www.gundamproject.com/world/

more specifically the beam weapon technology is at
http://www.gundamproject.com/world/beamweapon.html

-Les

--
"He's a God, it'll take more than one shot."
     -Lady Eboshi, 'Princess Mononoke'