Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:11:29 -0800

> This is my first time ordering after finally getting fed up with
>HLJ's seemingly non-existent stock on anything MG-related.

Eh? Were you ordering MG kits or conversion kits/accessories for MG kits?

>The shipping quotes from R10 are Sal: 3460 Yen Air: 4845 Yen EMS: 5400
>Yen My question is, does SAL really take 2-6 weeks?

It depends - usually I get SAL shipments in 2 weeks, but during the holiday
seasons it can take over a month to arrive. Sometimes SAL is not very
reliable and Rainbow 10 will inform you if they hear a lot of customers
who complained about SAL's recent performance, but all my orders have
arrived safely by SAL.

>I don't mind two weeks, but six weeks is a bit long to wait, considering
>that I could get it in one to two weeks with air. So I guess my question
>for those guys who have ordered from R10 to the States is, is it worth it
>to pay for Air? Or should I just stick to SAL? Suggestions appreciated.

Well, I think both SAL and Air do not include insurance. If you want to
insure your order, EMS is the only way to go. I've always gone with SAL
unless EMS turns out to be cheaper (usually the case with a huge order)
and they've never lost or damaged my order. Unless a week or less makes
a big difference for you, I think SAL does the job fine.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0