Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:15:14 -0600

Gundam EZEight wrote:

> ahh... thus the AMBAC system...
>
> i guess the gesigners at anaheim must be pretty damn
> stupid. they should have designed a multipurpose suit,
> like the RX-78-2 or the GM's. they worked fine eh?

the RX-78-2 had the Learning Computer installed, which was presumably
able to not only store both sets of software and switch between the two
easily but during the whole White-base tour it was in effect writting
and re-writing it's own software.. IIRC the GMs each had their own
specialized ground and space types just as the Zakus and other Zeon MS
did and unlike the original Gundam i don't think we ever see an MS go
straight from earth to space or Vice-Versa, at least not without enough
time aboard a carrier to have elapsed for software swaps to be
performed.. the F/A-18 does this today being a fighter and a
ground-attack craft depending on what software is loaded into it's
avionics...

-Les

--
"He's a God, it'll take more than one shot."
     -Lady Eboshi, 'Princess Mononoke'