Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:50:27 -0800

>It's been said before and it'll get said again, but:
>
>Buy in bulk!
>
>With HLJ the cost for ordering 10 kits of that size isn't much different
>from the cost for ordering 1 kit of that size, assuming we're talking UPS to
>the United States. With a lot of items, the shipping cost per item is
>fairly low, at least in my experience. Might as well wait until there are
>several items you want, and then order them all at once.

This needs some elaborating.

There is a happy medium somewhere between a single item and buying in
bulk. If your order dollar amount goes beyond 3 digits (for plastic kits),
you quickly approach that point where your cost on shipping is not longer
lowered by purchasing an additional kit, but actually makes it costlier
instead. This is due in part of the limited cargo space when shipping
by air - they charge by dimension, not weight - and there is a different
and more expensive scale when the package exceeds a pre-determined
dimension.

If you are going to buy in bulk, make sure the box is of a moderate
size. A huge box will not make your average cost of shipping cheaper.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0