Watanabe, Soimichiro (darkscythe@edsamail.com.ph)
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 12:26:42 +0900

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>Sorry about that Eddie, but I was simply excited about the whole concept of
>these two guys working with each other. which got me to thinking: which of
>the non-gundam directors/writers would you want to take a stab at gundam?
>Katsuhiro Otomo might give a whole new cyberpunk perspective to it...

anime directors I'd never see with Gundam....

Masuka Katsura (I's, Video Girl Ai, DNA^2) - full of character (and gundam) butt shots
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Evangelion) - more angst ridden teenagers on mechs
CLAMP - Magical school girls meet oversized mechs... (waitaminute, they've done this
               in Rayearth already) and Haro would be talking like a pokemon.
Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy) - a group of gundam pilots with no relation to each other
               band together to fight a menacing horde that threathens the entire universe

on a serious note, I'd like to see Hayao Miyazaki's (Nausicaa Tou no Kaze/Valley of the Wind)
take on Japan's frontrunning mecha series.

~Soimichiro