Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:43:10 +0800

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gundam!
ICQ 12914919
check out my writing at www.getasia.com.ph

> > Looks like fixed pose figures to me. very impressive detail, but I feel
> > somehow that I prefer the simpler original design.
> How are there different poses then? I find it doubtful that they would
make
> 2-3 kits of each robot for different poses. I do not doubt you of course,
am
> just wondering about that. It's hard to tell either way though, as
companies
> are getting good at hiding figure joints. My Full Armor Gundam Fix figure,
> looked like it only had 5 points of articulation, but they it has standard
> MSiA articulation. It was because the joints looked so artist, they
appeared
> to be fixed joints but where not. Figures.com said they'll fill in the
text
> info. once they get back to the States.

good point there...if they are poseable, they may be Mcfarlane type
joints...allows for limited poseability in specific poses, or perhaps plug
in joints like the Kaiyodo arms. It would beinteresting...I guess I am just
used to the classic gijoe and old style figure joints. How is the Full
Armor Gundam? I am getting one within next month from my favorite gundam
shop here in the Phil. I'd like some feedback before I confirm an order.

> I like both the original and this design a lot. The logo says Mazinger
A.D.
> 1901. I take it these are from an alternate universe type of deal? Notice
> how the back shot of Mazinger appears to have a cockpit set up like Big
> Guy's from Big and Rusty the Boy robot? It appears there's no Brain plane
in
> this version as well.
>
> Aaron aka BlazeEagle
> "Believing a sign of Zeta"

AD1901, it says, so it's no surprise if it looks Steampunk. I am impressed.
This is a good design, but shifting the missiles of aphrodite from her
breasts to the forearm is kinda spoiling the cheesiness of good ol'
Aphrodite.