Nicholas \ (echofox@wingzero.net)
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:52:58 -0800

I love Patlabor =)
Great concept, mechanical designs by Yutaka Izubuchi (hereafter referred to
as "The Man"), and likeable characters.
I've seen, oh, about half of the TV (20-odd episodes) and maybe half of the
OVA's as well (There are 16 OVA eps in total, iirc)... plus the two movies
(just bought the second one on DVD recently).
The OVA's are mostly like bigger budget versions of the TV, while the movies
are different beasts entirely ... Movie #2 was truly a spectacular bit of
anime, without a doubt.
On the diecast Ingram, i'm assuming you're fererring to th Cloth gear system
one. It's got a diecast frame and plastic bits that snap on overtop. It's
not so hot (search the GML archives, I did a complete review last year some
time). Posability and detail both suck, weapons are horribly out of scale
and its just not all that attractive looking. All in all, the model kits
look way better.
Now, on the note of MG kits, I'd be all over that. MG Patlabor mecha would
only be behind MG Macross Valkyries in my non-Gundam wishlist.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris ... All hail Discordia ... Hail, she what done it all!"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Slobey" <dufaeth2@hotmail.com> To: <gundam@aeug.org> Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 4:08 PM Subject: [gundam] OT Patlabor