Jeff Slobey (dufaeth2@hotmail.com)
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:35:26 -0600

Yeah, I'm in St Louis, and when I find SD they usually range from $13 on
up, so $9 for a newly released kit actually made me pretty happy. Until I
can move to one of the coasts(which may actually not be too far off. ) HLJ
seems to work pretty well for me.
  ciao
     jeff

> Wow, 1100 yen. That's Almost $9.00 for the kit that cost about $3.25.
> And Michael wants to know how much his FG Zaku and Upgrade parts he had
> ordered was gonna cost him...
> I once order a Degenki Hobby from HLJ along with 2 MG kits. They decided
> ship the mag by itself. The mag was 780 yen, about 6.35. But the time it
> got here, I was charged $15 dollars. I now buy Degenki from a local store
> for $11.70 a copy.
> Anyhow, you sometime do make out better supporting the local guys, but if
> Jeff lives out in the Midwest or some place where anime is not as
popular,
> then that's a different story.
>
> By the way, I don't intend to start another why or why not buy from so and
> so... just crunching numbers.

Elmeth

http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=19967&domain=figures