Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 07:07:04 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "CHIN, Chien Ting" <chin@tch.fgg.eur.nl>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: March 22, 2001 3:42:09 AM GMT
Subject: Re: [gundam] Plot Holes

Leslie_R wrote:
>> it's not un-common for test-plot to have at least some
>> technical/engineering knowledge and skills, makes them better
>> test-pilots...

Obviously the Feds were thinking that it would be a waste to lose any pilots
with this caliber (if there were any and I doubt it) to an prototype gone
wrong.

Time after time we've seen the Feds give high performance test suits out to
regular and even sub par personell. Think original Gundam, 08th MS (both of
which had the excuse of being in the OYW to supprt this) and 0083
(laughable).

>It's downright a life-hazard for a test pilot to have anything >less than a
>Master's (PhD preferred) knowledge of aerodynamics, propulsion >systems,
>electrical and mechanical engineering. When both your engines >framed out,
>half a wing ripped off and the horizontal stablizer locked up (which
>happens about once a month for a test pilot), it's quite a >trick not to
>die in a fiery explosion.

>Kou clearly demonstrated that his knowledge of flight dynamics >is inferior
>to a teenage bush pilot, both by mis-configuring GP-01's flight >controls
>and by taking the said mis-configured suit out into battle. He >should
>have followed order and taken a properly configured (meaning >not by him)
>GM out for that mission. With a GM, he would have performed >better at his
>mission (base defence). But it will also certainly mean his >death at
>Cima's hands. Perhaps subconsciously he knew that his chance >against Cima
>is worse than a snowball in hell anyway, and his only way to >survive is to
>take out a super-armored but disabled suit and just wait for >Cima to run
>out of ammo.

>Kou may be smarter than you think :)

>Dr. Core
>Brain Surgeon