Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:10:13 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "Richie Ramos -- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gundam!"
<gaijin@i-manila.com.ph>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: March 23, 2001 5:11:18 AM GMT
Subject: Re: Re: [gundam] Plot Holes

"You must cut down the largest tree in the forest -- with an herring!"
-- The Head Knight who says "Nee!"
ICQ#12914919
Check out my writing at www.getasia.com.ph

>> >Even better, they shouldn't have loaded the nuke, they >should have had
>the
> >GP02 in a state of total shutdown (there should have been >engineer's
>locks
>> >on the damn thing), and then the activation diskette should >have been
>kept
>> >secure. Another thing was to keep the cockpit in a state of >>lockdown,
>>and
>> >have protective locks on the foot controls, LOL!
>> agreed on all counts...darnit...stealing a new 'Mech in

They were probably going to fire the nuke for test purposes.

>BattleTech is even
>harder than in Gundam, where the new 'Mech locks out without >the proper
>voice activation command lines, old Star League-era 'Mechs >though are
>easier to steal just by strapping a magnet onto a part of its >security
box.

>for me, engineer locks would have been the most effective. >letting the
>engineer keep a simple component out of the engine system would >have been
>enough to stop everyone.

>> even if Gato had been able to bypass all security measures (most likely,
>>since Orville, Anaheim Electronics mechanic, was also his >>accomplice and
>>would've given Gato the figurative keys to the backdoor), had >>they
(Nina,
>>et. al) not loaded the nuke beforehand, Gato's effort would've >>been a
dud.
>>Anyway, the GP-02A and GP-01 were inside the Albion's MS >>hangar when the
>>theft happened.

It was probably going to be fired in secret though one wonders if there
werent any other reasons for it being loaded early. Instructions from
Anaheim?

>>> IMO Kou was able to determine that the GP-02A was a nuke->>capable unit
>>because of the heavy armor, huge shield (but I don't think he >>knew at
that
>>time that it had most of the cooling system, but the large >>vents are
rather
>>suspicious), large bazooka (Kou could've probably known how >>big was
MS-use
>>nuke warhead). Kou was probably more of a MS-head that we all

Actually not all MS sized nukes are bug, the ones that the Zakus used in the
opening phases of the OYW were small enough to fit into the regular Zaku
bazooka. Kou probably figured out by the size that it was for a large
warhead the only one present of course being the Mk. 82 nuke.

>>know - how
>>would've he been able to fix Kelly's Val Varo quicker than >>Kelly
himself?
>>In fact, Kou knew some parts were in need of replacement just >>by looking
>>(and probably touching) at it.

>Exactly! Kou is a tech head, but not yet in the scale of >pilots like
Amuro
>or Camille.

AMuro and Camille both were able to design their own custom MS, wonder how
an MS designed by Kou would look like.

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.