Richie Ramos -- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gundam! (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:11:18 +0800

"You must cut down the largest tree in the forest -- with an herring!"
-- The Head Knight who says "Nee!"
ICQ#12914919
Check out my writing at www.getasia.com.ph

> >Even better, they shouldn't have loaded the nuke, they should have had
the
> >GP02 in a state of total shutdown (there should have been engineer's
locks
> >on the damn thing), and then the activation diskette should have been
kept
> >secure. Another thing was to keep the cockpit in a state of lockdown,
and
> >have protective locks on the foot controls, LOL!
> agreed on all counts...darnit...stealing a new 'Mech in BattleTech is even
harder than in Gundam, where the new 'Mech locks out without the proper
voice activation command lines, old Star League-era 'Mechs though are
easier to steal just by strapping a magnet onto a part of its security box.

for me, engineer locks would have been the most effective. letting the
engineer keep a simple component out of the engine system would have been
enough to stop everyone.

> even if Gato had been able to bypass all security measures (most likely,
since Orville, Anaheim Electronics mechanic, was also his accomplice and
would've given Gato the figurative keys to the backdoor), had they (Nina,
et. al) not loaded the nuke beforehand, Gato's effort would've been a dud.
Anyway, the GP-02A and GP-01 were inside the Albion's MS hangar when the
theft happened.
> IMO Kou was able to determine that the GP-02A was a nuke-capable unit
because of the heavy armor, huge shield (but I don't think he knew at that
time that it had most of the cooling system, but the large vents are rather
suspicious), large bazooka (Kou could've probably known how big was MS-use
nuke warhead). Kou was probably more of a MS-head that we all know - how
would've he been able to fix Kelly's Val Varo quicker than Kelly himself?
In fact, Kou knew some parts were in need of replacement just by looking
(and probably touching) at it.

Exactly! Kou is a tech head, but not yet in the scale of pilots like Amuro
or Camille.