Nick-Hardygun (
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:37:42 -0800 (PST)

Yep, a ball joint usually consists of a polycap socket and a plastic insterter... Whatever it is. It provides a full range of motion unequaled with a hinge joint such as on the knees or elbows.

> wrote:
>In a message dated 3/21/01 5:47:45 PM, writes:
><<Ball joints are like how most Gundam kits hips attach to the body, a ball on
>the body and a socket in the hip. That's why they are called ball joints,
>because these joints actually have a ball. Other types of joints can
>reproduce the range of ball joints, it would just take more joints to do so.
>So, a ball joint is used most often because I would guess, is less complex
>then a series of joints. Did this help?
>Aaron aka BlazeEagle
>"Believing a sign of Zeta"
>It helped a little. U confused me a little though.
>Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at

- Gundam Lounge:
The hangout for all Gundam pilots.
- Gundam Mail:
Get your very own free email address!

Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Fri Mar 23 2001 - 01:37:54 JST