Doom4duke@aol.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:44:25 EST

In a message dated 3/21/01 8:50:09 PM, gusjae@rcn.com writes:

<<Are you talking about the B Joints made by Wave, or just a ball joint in
general?
Believe it or not, there is a difference.

Since you have built MG kits, I will use those as example. Most hip joints
on the MG line of kits, if not all, are balljoints. A ball joint consist of
2 parts, a ball on a pin or stick, and a socket that accepts the ball and
wraps around it. In the case of MG kits, the Ball and stick part is cast out
of regular plastic, while the socket is a PC part.

In the case of Waves B-Joints, There is still 2 parts: the ball on a stick,
and a socket with a stick. However, the socket is a little different. It
wraps around the ball a bit more, with 2 sides slightly chipped away (lack of
a better way to describe) to allow greater moments.

B-joints are usually for people who like to convert their plastic or resin
kits to achieve greater mobility. Very popular buggers.

Hope you are now more confused. :)>>

I am a little more confused. I was talking about Waves B-Joints.
MIchael/Ryuujin