Javier Vega (gundame81@yahoo.com)
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:34:03 -0800 (PST)

--- oom9@crosswinds.net wrote:
> Three critics-one movie critic and two
> animators-were asked to look at three
> Gundam clips. The first was a scene from 0083
> episode 7 featuring a conversation
> between Kou Uraki and Keith talking about Nina(This
> is the scene in which Kou
> drops his carrots). The next two were from Endless
> Waltz-Heero starting up the
> Wing Zero and the battle between Wing Zero and
> Nataku. Here's what they thought.(Actually,
> the critic viewed Episode 48 of Gundam Wing).
> Anyway...
>

> I like the style particularly in "Gundam Wing." I
> find it very exciting and
> comic book-like in its appearance.
>
> As for the animation -- the way things actually MOVE
> on the screen, which is
> what this whole debate is actually about -- the
> animation continues to leave
> me cold. Characters are generally motionless except
> when speaking, and even
> then, only their lips move. There is very little in
> the way of shadows or muscle
> movement. Characters don't blink very much.-Movie
> critic
>

> Yawn, I dont think this is animation. This is just
> graphics that just move.
> There is no acting..no principles of animation.Go
> study some real animation.
> like old Disney. Warner Bros.. Get an education!!!!!
> This Gundam is not animation.NO
> EXPRESSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!THEY DONT MOVE..THERE IS NO
> WEIGHT!!!!(Note:Gee, could
> it be because they're in Zero G?)-Female Canadian
> animator.
>
> There tends to be a lot of emphasis on action,
> rather than characterization.
> The characters move, but they do not possess that
> "illusion of life" that Frank
> and Ollie talk about in regard to Disney-style
> animation. I'm just not a fan
> of battling robots and things that explode. In
> short, it is not my cup of tea.
>
> The big problem is that it is definitely having an
> influence on today's North
> American animation. The young fledgling animators
> coming out of the various
> animation schools are so easily impressed with this
> lifeless crud, that its
> design influence is showing in much of the TV
> animation here. Dull, lifeless
> excuses for characters. I've said it before and I'll
> say it again, but only
> the pure cartoon sensibilities of John Kricfalusi
> and a mere handful of others
> have created a few gems along the way. The art of
> cartooning is dying out fast,
> due in large part to the Japanese influence. Sorry,
> but that makes me angry
> as hell, and I don't care how many noses I put out
> of joint with these comments.
> The industry needs a good shakeup.-Male animator.
>

> All I can say is, ouch. The first guy seems okay,
> but the second seems to have
> problems with any animation outside of Disney and
> the third one is really 'on
> the borderline' so to speak.

Did they Review in Subtiles or In Dub?

Did they understand the storyline and the plot in the
both those Animations gezz I guess for a people who
pointed out about the animation trying to hard.Did
they forgot about the storyline Animations Disney was
never that much of an Animator but he did Pioneer the
Invention of animation for Decades Hell most Japanses
was Insperated by Disney Animation. Did the animators
Research anything about the Animation what the point
about it did they know who made this Gundam Wing and
0083.Critics need sure who or what made the Anmation
how it was careful done If there Animator know it
alls. If there Critics then there Really Crapy Critics
I give them Thums Down.