Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool! (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:52:20 -0500

> wasn't the alex a secretly developed MS? chances are
> then, chris would not be a celebrated hero but rather
> a court martialed pilot. nothing more. the Libot thing
> wasn't really well known so i don't think she would
> have gotten any sympathy at all.

True, plus the fact that by doing so, wouldn't they be admitting they had a
secret weapons development base on a neutral colony?

>We also don't know the severity of her injury, which may have disabled her
and
>made her unfit for duty. At the end of the story, she's on her way back
down to
>Earth, but she's not in uniform -- she may be going to the equivalent of a
VA
>hospital for her convalescence and an evaluation that will determine
whether she
>can serve out the rest of her term.

That's something I hadn't even thought of. As always -Z-, you seem to know
"too much" for your own good. ;-)

>And, yes, the military would've been happy to see her go. She was a
hothead who
>acted on impulse to pursue a personal agenda in violation of a direct
order,
>which resulted in the ambush that trashed the Gundam. Not good.

This is sort of related, but have you guys noticed how it seems that most of
the (UC at least) Gundam pilots are hot-headed and personal-agenda driven? I
mean, Chris, Kou, Gato, Amuro... I don't remember F91 enough to say whether
or not Seabrook was, but I get the impression that, if you end up piltoing a
Gundam, it does something to you. Maybe it's some sort of pyshological
thing? Has that ever been discussed here?

Matt "Not Quite Better than Zen" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/