Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:52:55 -0800

>my understanding is that their like support bits. They're launched and the
>fly around the suit, controlled by, IIRC, newtype pilots, acting as extra
>firepower and/or defense.

Actually, the first time Lalah used them, they acted more like ambush/
sneak attack units against unsuspecting ships. The weapon was so new
at the time, no one knew what was happening. All they saw were a bunch
of Fed ships blowing up one after another. It caused a panic attack
in the Fed's ranks.

It wasn't until NewType vs NewType combat scenes that we got to see them
being used in all kinds of roles from offense and nuisance to a defensive
role like Amuro did in CCA.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0