Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool! (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:48:25 -0500

> > =) The fact that she totally dropped off the
> > scene is something I
> > don't quite understand. She's pretty okay as a
> > pilot, IMO, if not downright
> > good. Since she was "reassigned" IIRC, so it stands
> > to reason that she's
> > still around in 0083.. unless she voluntarily
> > demobilized.

> > =) The fact that she totally dropped off the scene is something
I don't quite understand. She's pretty okay as a pilot, IMO, if not
downright good. Since she was "reassigned" IIRC, so it stands to reason that
she's still around in 0083.. unless she voluntarily demobilized.

I've only been paying half-hearted attention to this conversation but I
thought I'd throw a bone in here. I always wondered this myself, and it
eventually culminated in me throwing around ideas for a fanfic, but I never
got in to actually writing it because of some real-world interruptions. I'm
not sure what I would have done with it, but in true Gundam 0080 "heart
wrenching" form, she probably got assigned to a GM unit somewhere, did a lot
of really good things, and then didn't make it through stardust. Assuming
she was still in the military. Gosh, that's kind of a bummer now that I
think about it. I shouldn't talk about my favorite characters that way.

And, another of my two cents, the more I discuss Wing with some friends, and
the more we watch it (random episoding here and there), the more I like it.
I guess, like many of those animes that a guy can be "half/half" on, it
grows on you.

Matt "Not Quite Better than Zen" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/