Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:49:01 +0800

> <sob> Someone actually replied to one of my posts! =)
> >Actually, EW mentality is something more in line with societies with a
high
> >religious factor, combined with intense political corruption.
> Yeah, well.. maybe that's why I dislike GW/EW so much. I really
> don't go into religion that much, so having a "preachy" (don't bother to
> flame me for this, I didn't mean what you thought I mean. =) show like
this
> tends to turn me off.

Lim, I agree with you on the preachy part, but then, it is supposed to be
easier to understand -- for the younger generation, you know...I just wish
they gave the younger generation more credit.

> >> "Bang Bang Interlude Bang Bang Interlude BIG BANG" kind of anime.
> >egadz. I found it entrancing, becasue of the fact that so much was going
on
> >underneath the surface....
> GW or 0083? 0083 was IMO more eye-candy than anything -- cool MS,
> good chara design, big explosion. The fact that its storyline had plot
holes
> big enough to park a colony in didn't help much.
> GW, OTOH, suffers from a lower per-episode budget typical of most
TV
> series (which is one reason why, garrick, the Lodoss War TV series isn't
as
> good as the Lodoss War OVA).
> I think GW actually does have an interesting story at times, but
the
> often lengthy self-exploration and (self-)righteousness of some of the
> characters in there turned me off in the episodes I sat down to watch.

True, but this problem stems from the fact that GW didn;t have enough
episodes for the kind of Storyline that it had. It shoyuld have run about
twice as many episodes as it has now in order to even scratch the surface of
what was going on. Unfortunately, that would also mean a fight every other
show, which would be bad for ratings...ah well.

> >Actually, for me, the interesting one was Bernie; he has INCREDIBLE
> >decisions to make, and how he did it is still...damn, truly heroic.
> It's Bernie, Chris and Alfred. Chris isn't developed very much at
> all, but the few times we did really see her talk shows a very
well-thought
> out character, and her unmentioned liking for Bernie makes his death --
and
> her role in it -- even more prodigal.

True. Chris is very much developed as a character, noticeable because of
her, well, dimensionality-- it's almost as if she is a real person, the way
she reacts at times.