Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:14:48 -0500 (EST)

Long i and ee sound very similar. Sheegu Zion and Shiigu Zion sound the
same unless you have an accent and pronounce ii and ee in a markedly
different manner.

------Original Message------
From: "Alessandro" <changegetta@inwind.it>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: March 10, 2001 1:51:32 PM GMT
Subject: R: R: [gundam] Sieg Zeon?

----- Original Message -----
From: Franz G Co <darkholy@saintly.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 7:01 AM
Subject: RE: R: [gundam] Sieg Zeon?

> I think the big E meant that it was pronounced like a big E (double e
> sound).

This thing is driving me crazy. "Sieg" is a german word and "ie" is
pronounced as a long "i"; something like "Si-g". And that's all, if we think
about the german pronounce, if we consider an english pronounce of it .... I
hadn't understood that it was what you meant to. Sorry.
Alessandro

"Daremo hitorideha ikirarenai" -- Kidou Senshi Gandamu (MS Gundam)
Translation: "Nobody can live alone"

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.