Damien Hailey (samas_1@hotmail.com)
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 06:54:27

> > -"All your White Base are belong to us"
>
>I'm lost here. Why's almost everyone been saying this
>phrase? Personally it doesn't make sense...could
>anyone enlighten me on this?

It's a Gundam-style paraphasing of the infamous "All Your Base Are Belong to
Us" Phenomenon.

You see, a few years ago, there was this game, I think It may have been on
the Neo-Geo, called Zero Wing, IIRC. One of the things that stands out
about it was the TERRIBLE translation job done on the opening Cinema, which
inlcuded lines such as: "What you say?", Someone set us up the Bomb.", You
have no chance to survive, make your time", and the now infamous "All your
base are belong to us." line the bad guy uses to taunt the heroes.

An animated GIF of the scene can be found at:

http://www.schpyder.f2s.com/zerowing.gif

Anyway, somebody made a video, which was later converted to a slide show,
that showed pictures of road signs, billboards, plaques, magazine covers,
window signs, banners, and just about anything with writing on it, doctored
up to read "All Your Base Are Belong To Us."

Now, people are making T-shirts and mugs with the "All Your Base" line on
them.