Javier Vega (gundame81@yahoo.com)
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:32:42 -0800 (PST)

--- garrick lee <goner4sure@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Loran Seakku <neogohan@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> > If we can all just stop to think that Gundam, no
> > matter how great of a
> > show it is, is still JUST A CARTOON. People liking
> > Wing over UC or UC
> > over Wing is just incomparable to the Taliban
> > destroying the Buddhas,
> > saying so is just a grave over-statement.
>
> not really.
>
> what -z- is hinting at is the slippery slope
> argument.
> if people can be so stupid, bitchy and moronic
> about
> something so inconsequential and petty as cartoon
> preferences (for crying out loud it IS just a
> cartoon), do you really expect people to get along
> when it comes to issues of religion, politics and
> ethnic smurfiness?
>
> it is not so much a grave overstatement as it is the
> logical, though seemingly far-fetched (at first),
> conclusion.
>
> practically speaking, i'm almost atheist, with a
> great
> disdain for religion in all forms, shapes, sizes,
> color and smell. this taliban fiasco represents, to
> me, the very worst of religious zeal -- the buddha
> statues have something even a man of other religious
> leanings can appreciate: art and culture, two things
> that have been lost too much too often because of
> religious zeal. bah.
>

> > I don't
> > like Wing, but I've
> > learned to keep my mouth shut, but whenever anyone
> > asks if I like Wing
> > and I say no, then they get mad at me. We're all
> > entitled to our own
> > opinions. So someone making a "UC-only group" is
> > their own business, if
> > they want UC fans only, then let them, maybe you
> can
> > go make a "Wing-only
> > group". What difference does it make?
>
> no difference actually. it just shows that UC fans
> are everything they accuse wing fans of being.
>

> > One thing I don't understand is why people can
> bash
> > X, G, and Turn-A and
> > no one cares... but when someone says anything bad
> > about Gundam Wing, all
> > hell breaks loose. I like X, G and Turn-A, so
> people
> > should regard those
> > shows as high as any other AU series, including
> > Wing.
>
> wing is the most popular of the spin-offs. being
> the
> one with most fans, it is only logical that wing
> bashing causes the most uproar.
>
> and the very nature of gundam wing as a facsimile of
> UC gundam, if you haven't noticed, is already
> controversial.
>
> -garr

People its really easy for you think that every day
people hate you,me,her,I,she,and the other guy we
don't know about sometimes it happens alot to people
that are liven diffrently then others. You know what
some AC fans I know that some liked Gundam Wing hated
the Dubbed version but they changed there minds on
that one also they still selling the Fan subs of
Gundam Wing on the net.