Fuller, Bill (bill.fuller@eds.com)
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:59:20 -0500

Normally I don't do this, but I have to say something.
I'm 26 and I enjoy SuperRobot fight scenes, and see nothing wrong with it.
I also enjoy the militaristic and humanistic aspects of Gundam.
I don't see why the two have to be separated, and why people have to be
insulted if they like the one or the other.
No don't get me wrong, I'm not insulted by the statement that GW and GG are
for kids, hell, if I was I'd have to take a long look at my life(let's face
it, I collect models and toys...)
But I got into Gundam with this thought "Hey look, giant robots, kewl!" and
the first chance I got I went and saw CCA, and I thought to myself, "Hey,
giant robots, KEWL!".
But there was more to it than just that, it did have story, plot, and all
the things that drew me into Anime to begin with.
But in the end, I'm a giant robot fan, and I shouldn't be segregated because
I don't seek the "deeper meaning" or the "humanity and sacrifice" of Gundam.
I know it's there, I enjoy it, I just don't dwell on it. I'm in it for the
impressive mecha.

That's it.
No more.
Hand me my MSIA, I've got work to do.