Fri, 09 Mar 2001 21:16:04 +1100

Okay... something that's been bothering me since I made that rant a while
ago. It seems that everyone who's seen both UC and Wing likes UC better,
and thinks that the Wing plotline is a ripoff of UC. I've seen a LOT of UC
Gundam by now (at least some of every series, except G-Saviour), and I
still like Wing as much as or more than any UC show, and honestly can't see
that much of a UC influence in the plotline (I can see Zechs/Char, a
premise similar to Zeta, and CCA at the end). I like the plot and
characters (which people have criticised), and, although I admit that the
battles between the G-boys and grunt troops are less than impressive, it
does serve to emphasise the major fights more.

Or am I just a bad critic who likes bad anime better than good anime?

The other reason I'm wondering this is because I just saw the first two
episodes of Gundam 0080, which everyone seems to regard as a classic
(including non-Gundam fans - I remember the former president of my anime
club's statement that "0080 is the ONLY good Gundam series"), and it left
me kind of apathetic.

Does it get better in the later episodes? Has knowing the spoilers ruined
it for me? Or am I just a tasteless Winger like I'm worried I am?