Nicholas \ (echofox@wingzero.net)
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:50:33 -0800

Evidently they don't =)
I seem to remember someone mentioning that Bandai wasn't planning on
releasing the MG's and PG's since they would be too expensive and they
didn't think they'd sell.
Given the inflated model prices, I'd tend to agree. If you're charging 28$
for a non-MG 1/100 kit, you'd have to charge at least 45$ for a base level
MG (i.e. a ZakuII or a GM), and for the bigger ones, the price would be
astronomical.
I really don't understand why they're pricing them so high... if they were
at comparable-to-yen prices, more kids would buy 'em, Gunpla fanatics would
buy them (bye bye HLJ!) and Bandai would make more money...
Wierd.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris ... All hail Discordia ... Hail, she what done it all!"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Fields" <johnny_raiden@hotmail.com> To: <gundam@aeug.org> Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 8:45 AM Subject: Re: [gundam] Bandai 2001 Release Schedule