garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:13:26 -0800 (PST)

--- "Enriquez, Eric" <EEnriquez@hatch.ca> wrote:
> Suggestions from the group please.
>
> I'm building a MG Kampfer for a IPMS model contest
> up here in the great
> white north and I am wondering about MS thrusters.
> I know that in the anime
> shown on TV most MS have their thrusters painted a
> bright red or yellow just
> to make them stand out on the screen. The problem
> is that I am painting my
> Kampfer as realistic as possible and I was thinking
> that I should paint the
> thruster areas a titanium or some other metallic
> color with some nice
> weathering to simulate the heat from the thrusters.
>
> Or..... Should I just paint them yellow and then
> weather the thrusters to
> give the model a semi anime look.

well, you should paint your kampfer in a way that
you'll be proud of even after the contest.

myself, i'd go for drab serious pseudo-military
colors. i never follow the anime colors (what kind of
thrusters are color yellow anyway? i suggest
weathering them over with dark bronzes and dark
browns...) the kampfer blue is ok, actually. but the
traditional red-white-yellow-blue of the gundam is
definitely not.

i rather liked the rx78-g3 color scheme. two shades
of gray makes a whole lotta difference from parade
colors. eek!

-garr