Dr. Core (core@pojo.com)
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 11:43:02 +0100

Fed wrote:
>Can anyone tell me anything on the 1/20 Paper RX78 Gundam model? I'd like to
>have more info on it before I buy it. ^_^
>
>All I know is that it comes with a 1/30 scale model included in the CD.

The kit also come with a single 1/20 paper RX-78-2 that is DIFFERENT from
the 1/30 version you print yourself from the CD. The 1/20 paper version has
some battle scars, highlights and shading printed on the cardstock. Great
since your printout will most likely be time-consumingand low quality (both
ink
and paper). Makes the kit very heavy, around 1 kg IIRC.

This is definitely an advanced project for paper modellers, takes a lot of time
and require a lot of paper model experience. The result, judging from the
1/30 head that I test-built (and alas! left in my room back in Toronto), should
be amazing. Using proper cardstocks and ink, it won't look like a paper model.
The paper model came out before PG Gundam, but it's fairly close to it, I
think.

But damn it does take a lot of time.

Thanks for reminding me of this, it should be an excellent stress-test for my
newly-purchased color printer (don't ask, it's a cheap one from Canon). I am
afriad Char's Zaku will consume my brand new color ink cartriage. (IIRC, 5
full
pages for the head alone)

Dr. Core
Brain Surgeon/Rocket Scientist