Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool! (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:29:53 -0500

hey guys. I just finished watching 0080 (for lack of something better to do
this afternoon), and went on a slight panic attack when I saw a few MG kits
listed as "spot" production at HLJ. After ordering an Alex, Rick Dom, and a
Kaempfer, I went through and looked at the 0080 kits. Before I get to my
question, I was wondering, does anyone know where a guy can get an MG GM
Custom, not the Quel? I want to do a custom paint job on one and it's be
easier for me if the kit came with lighter-colored plastic.

Now, anyways. While watching the series I was noticing that the Doms, Zakus,
Gogs, GMs, and all of the suits that were in the series all seemed a bit
more, idunno, "robust" than they do in other series. At first I assumed they
were just newer versions of the suits, after all the GM's clearly had
different armor than the originals, and the shield was different. That
gelgoog, for example, looked like the precursor to the marines, it was a
gelgoog jaeger, right? But the doms and the zakus didn't seem to be any
different. Although, I did notice the pegasus-clas ship in there during the
kaempfer scene. Was nice to see that re-drawn.

Which got me thinking, was just the difference in animation between '79 and
'89 that made the suits look "different?" Now, bear with me guys, I've seen
very little of 08th MS team ;-) but, do some of the "classic" suits appear
in the series, or is it mostly newer designs? If there are any of the
classic suits, do they look much different, or is it just more detail /
better animation quality?

Matt "Not Quite Better than Zen" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/