Watanabe, Soimichiro (darkscythe@edsamail.com.ph)
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:20:18 +0900

omotai wrote:

>After coming to the conclusion that there is no way in hell that I will be
>able to get a figure of Char's Gundam (seeing as how it was an exclusive
>promo), I need help on painting a regular Rx-78-2 into Char's color scheme.
>How do I go about preparing and painting the figure? Anyone? Thank you.

though it doesn't really matter which grade that RX-78 you're repainting (considering that
all you'll have to paint are the external parts), you might still want to consider the quality of
the paint you're using (all the standard kits -I've seen- are made of ABS plastic, but the resins
don't always react the same way. say, is anyone in the list versed with the different textures of
different plastics?).

anyway, its best to clean them first, make sure that they're free of dust. Then apply a primer.
I can't stress the importance of a primer, you wouldn't want your nicely painted Gundam to start
chipping off ne?

When applying the paint (acrylic, poster, oil etc) I'd really suggest that you use an airbrush
(if you don't have one, try to borrow one... if you're really into painting model kits, buy one and
look for a good compressor, its a really good investment). A plain brush is hard to use if you're
not that used to it. But if you are gifted with a VERY deft hand, then why not? ^_^;;

~Soimichiro