L. M. Lloyd (ubik@austin.rr.com)
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:31:08 -0600

Wow, they never learn! This is just like Squaresoft's brilliant idea
to check for mod chips. A strategy so brilliant that it was
successful for an entire day before someone had out a mod chip that
evaded the search. I never cease to be amazed at the logic of the
movie industry:

Steve: Hey let's put some software on the disk that makes it
impossible for them to copy or trade the disks outside their area.
That way they will never be able to get around it.

George: That's a great idea! Let's do that!

Time passes

Steve: Well that worked great!

George: Yeah, except for the fact that some lowlife rat found a way
to get around it. What are we going to do now?

Steve: Hey let's put some software on the disk that makes it
impossible for them to copy or trade the disks outside their area.
That way they will never be able to get around it.

George: That's a great idea! Let's do that!

ad infinitum!

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.