Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool! (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:22:14 -0500

> There are a lot of films out there which aren't released on DVD in the US
> and only available as imports. It'd be crazy to buy a player for each
> region.

But in this case, we're just talking about buying two. For example, I have
one in one room of the house, and a PS2 in my basement. But, were that
either an imported PS2 or just a japanese DVD player, it isn't too much of a
stretch. Granted if you wanted to be able to play DVDs from other regions
you'd need other players, but I don't think it'd be too out of the ordinary
to have two DVD players. Heck, lots of people have multiple VCRs, right?

> It certainly did in many Asian countries, where bootleg VCDs cost way
> less than the price of a movie admission.

A good point.

Matt "Not Quite Better than Zen" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/