Richie Ramos -- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gundam! (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:36:07 +0800

> >To be honest Eddie, I also wonder about that rumor also. Granted, an MG
MA
> >platform would still be very expensive, but you're right, the way they're
> >cranking out MG kits now, they could probably do it if they wanted to. I
> >think what holds them back is the fact that it will still be expensive as
> >compared as to the other kits.
> Not in the face of a 15,000 yen PG W0C or 20,000 yen PG Zeta... 10,000 yen
> is peanuts for a GP03D, even if it's just 1/220. I think the only thing
> holding them back is the shortage of movable joints on the damn thing.
> With the GP03D, you got a few opening doors/sliding trays and the arm,
> and that's pretty much it. Bandai's probably fearful that people won't
> dig it due to the shortage of gimmicky features.

Hmmm...but the price I suppose will be more than that...because for sure the
MA will be larger than that, and more massive. You have a point, however,
about it having not many movable joints. The only way I can see it being
nice is for it to have the hangar gantries to go with it, like the hangar
frame of the HG Eva-01.

> >I am willing to bet that they already have
> >at the very least blueprints for the Orchis platform -- I mean, if the
GP03
> >is up, then...
> I can't wait for a blueprint kit of the Dendrobium for the MG kit like
> the 1/144 one they had...
> Eddie

Yeah, that was pretty nice.