Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:55:44 -0800

>To be honest Eddie, I also wonder about that rumor also. Granted, an MG MA
>platform would still be very expensive, but you're right, the way they're
>cranking out MG kits now, they could probably do it if they wanted to. I
>think what holds them back is the fact that it will still be expensive as
>compared as to the other kits.

Not in the face of a 15,000 yen PG W0C or 20,000 yen PG Zeta... 10,000 yen
is peanuts for a GP03D, even if it's just 1/220. I think the only thing
holding them back is the shortage of movable joints on the damn thing.
With the GP03D, you got a few opening doors/sliding trays and the arm,
and that's pretty much it. Bandai's probably fearful that people won't
dig it due to the shortage of gimmicky features.

>I am willing to bet that they already have
>at the very least blueprints for the Orchis platform -- I mean, if the GP03
>is up, then...

I can't wait for a blueprint kit of the Dendrobium for the MG kit like
the 1/144 one they had...

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0