Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:02:10 -0800

This is actually one of the earliest Gundam shows I've ever seen. Like most I went "Wha..? But I thought Gundam was..." At the time I was hooked on Macross and the 0083 Movie, (yes and Wing too) so the whole thing seemed dumb. Then all of a sudden a friend of mine (one who watches Anime regardless of story, language or anything) brought home a whole lot of G-Gundam so I started watching. I don't really speak Japanese, but the sheer simplicity of the first episodes along with uniqueness of each character really made the show (as Richie said) fun. This show is so different from Gundam, it doesn't touch on the common elements (like war and youth) unlike every other Gundam show, but it all feels right. THis is a Gundam show, a weird and fun one, but a true Gundam nonetheless (IMHO anyway).

---
Abet
"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"
Come on over to the ALTERNATIVE SIDE at
http://www.geocities.com/char_xxph

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:49:34 Richie Ramos wrote: >And I forgot! for sheer unalduterated fun, it's G Gundam! > >Yep, Burke, it is one hell of an original alternate gundam series. I >actually like it more than GW in the sense that it didn't take itself so >seriously -- it just went on a rampage with its fusion of DragonBall action >and GUndam Mayhem. Add to that some really romantic plot twists and classic >SuperRobo themes (which I can't say anything about since it would spoil the >surprise), the series kicks major butt. > >Strangely enough, it was not well recieved when it was first aired -- or at >least, that was the impression I got when I first joined this list. Yours >truley was kinda lukewarm about it in the first few episodes. I was ranting >that it was so, well, DBZ-ish, but after a few more episodes -- whoa, this >baby rocked. > >SO there you go... > > >Of course, they COULD have had a more creative name for the attack than >"SHINING FINGER!" > >eeeek. > ><chuckles> > > > >- >Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/ >

Get 250 color business cards for FREE! at Lycos Mail http://mail.lycos.com/freemail/vistaprint_index.html