Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:58:26 +1100

Some good points in your reply. I was emotional when I made that rant - I
had other things annoying me, and Shinigami shutting down made me snap. I
didn't mean to imply that any negative comments about Wing were "trolling",
or that everyone should worship (or even like) Wing, or that I myself think
Wing is perfect (there are several aspects I think need improvement). And
I certainly didn't mean to imply that the GML had sunk to what Kumiko
encountered.

Essentially, what I made a fumbled attempt at doing was warning that the
attitudes which Kumiko encountered can only hurt Gundam fandom, that there
is a danger that things could get to that stage, and that we should be
careful (I was also venting some frustrations).

BTW, strangely, three of my four favourite Gundam series are 90s ones (V,
Wing and Turn A - the other is First Gundam). But then again, I don't
regard myself as a good critic - I LIKE too many things, and too many of
the things I like don't seem to be popular.