Damien Hailey (SAMAS_1@hotmail.com)
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:36:35 -0600

There has been no Wing Bashing on this list for a while, and bringing it up
will just make it start up again! I like it, personally. It gives me
something fun to read. But people are always saying Wing Bashers are not
opened minded, when they them selves are proving they are not open minded.
- Duck "skinning a duck in a hobo shack" Flesh

The problem is not just WIng Bashing. The closing of Shinigami.com is as a result of the type of thoughts and behavior that characterizes Bashing of any kind, be it Gundam Wing, Pokemon, or anime in general.

It's more than just people posting messages that say "GUndam Wing Sucks!!!!". It's more than a person who posts a message saing Pokemon Sucks on a thread that has nothing to do with Pokemon(for those on the GPMB, yes, I'm still miffed about that.) It's the people who reply to that thread in agreement. It's those who Insult others of an outside group, like what happened to Kumi. It's those who casually flame a person or call a series crap, but don;t say anything else on the subject. For the most part, we Gundam Wing(Pokemon, whatever) fans don't care if you don't like it. We may be a bit disappointed, but that's about it. But if the subject of the show comes up, and you don't have anything relavant to say about it, SHUT THE HELL UP! I don't care if it's Gundam Wing, Double Zeta, or Kou Uraki, Sailor Moon, or whatever.

Think about it before you get mad here: Exactly what does the comment add to the discussion? Is the title of the tread "Does (your name here) like/hate (insert name here)?" Do we care if you like it or hate it? So why bother doing something that is proven time and time again to do nothing but spark Yet Another flame war? Are you TRYING to kill the thread?