javier vega (gundame81@yahoo.com)
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:10:46 -0800 (PST)

--- Andrew Dynon <ajdynon@students.latrobe.edu.au>
wrote:
> I just discovered that www.shinigami.org has shut
> down. This was probably
> THE best Gundam Wing site on the web, and it truly a
> sad event. Kumiko's
> reasons for shutting down her site highlight a major
> problem within Gundam
> fandom: Intolerance and pettiness.
>
> What happened to Kumiko was on a different ML, and I
> haven't seen anything
> here that sunk to that level (although I don't have
> time to read every
> post), but I have seen a fair amount of bigotry on
> this ML as well,
> particularly by UC fans directed at Gundam Wing and
> its fans. I'm the
> first to admit that Wing is not perfect, but some of
> the Wing-bashing I
> have seen makes me ashamed to admit to liking UC
> Gundam (and some of the
> Wing fans feel obliged to bash UC back). There are
> other issues which
> there has been similarly bad behaviour over, but
> this is the major one.
>
> Please, all this is capable of doing is inflaming
> opinions and driving
> people away from fandom. It's doing nobody any good
> (except trolls looking
> to start flame wars), so can we please end this
> silliness?

> Andrew Dynon
>
> Watt-Evans' Law of Literary Creation: There is no
> idea so stupid or
> hackneyed that a sufficiently-talented writer can't
> get a good story out of
> it.
>
> Feist's Corollary: There is no idea so brilliant or
> original that a
> sufficiently-untalented writer can't screw it up.
>
> Morrison's Corollary: There is no idea that a
> sufficiently-talented writer
> has made into a good story that can't become
> annoying in the sequels.
>
> Holliday's Corollary: There is no plot so stunningly
> original that a
> journalist can't make it sound hackneyed.
Well I read some stuff about this site
http://www.shinigami.org/otakumi_archs.html#anchor1384261
Well I read some stuff about this site Found they made
a site called Gundam Wing fans Agianst Discrimination
http://www.heero.nu/GWFAD/
other stuff about the person who made the
www.shinigami.org Otakumi defendes everything about
Gundam Wing characters,yaoi,other,stuff finding out
she gets mail from people she calls Flamers that only
hate Yaoi Gundam Wing not UC fans do you think
everyone in UC Gundam hated that site I understand
that your a fan of that site I don't think you
understand her and why the person is closeing down the
site.I never seen that site before or heard that site
not many know about the site or linked the site before
I have to say that I never email her before if she is
on this Emailing list why don't you put Invite her to
the list ask her why she did it.