Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:17:59 -0800

BlazeEagle wrote:

> It doesn't really matter what happened, as all files where erased about the
> GP project at the end of 0083, so really the GP MS series no longer exists.
> I would think that the GP series MS where most likely destroyed as well, as
> why erase the files, when material evidene exists? I found it iffy for any
> to have had access to the GP series files, after they where erased. I doubt
> Kou would ever speak of it, as not speaking of it was probably part of the
> reason he got off so easy at the end. We all know Kou probably had to agree
> to some terms like this, as while he was "right" in taking the GP03, he was
> still stealing and you know he probably had to agree to some serious terms
> for his actions.
>
> The Gundams in G Gundam have back pack core fighters. I haven't seen the
> show, but I built the 1/60 G Gundam a few years ago, that's how I know this.

The only intact GP series MS at the end of 0083 was the GP03 MS. To the best of
my knowledge, we don't know for certain that it was scrapped (the information at
the end only says the data on the project was deleted), although that is a
possibility. It is also a possibility that the MS ended up in a unit designed
as a dumping ground for rotten personnel and MS. Or some MS unit commander with
a lot of pull could have arranged for it to end up in his/her own unit. Or
maybe it got sent to a junk yard where an enterprising mechanic saved it from
destruction (if Kelly Layzner can build an entire MA... ). If it survived
scrapping, then it is entirely possible for someone to get the bright idea of
attaching a core fighter to it without attracting any official attention for the
next 20-30 years since the suit did not officially exist. My conjecture
regarding how it could have a core fighter attached to it is merely conjecture.
It provides a plausible explanation for how the unit could come about without
shaking up the UC continuity any further.
And I don't see how Kou would be involved with the core fighter attachment,
seeing as how when he had the unit, there was never a core fighter attached to
it. My conjecture doesn't even provide for the core fighter attachment until
after the unit has passed out of his hands.

junior