Jim Huang (tyhuang@OCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:28:36 -0800

On 22 Feb 2001, at 11:37, -Z- wrote:

> Like all Gundam manga, GZ is officially licensed and approved by the
> Sotsu Agency, the licensing and copyright enforcement division of the
> Sunrise/Bandai co-venture. As such, the manga are approved "products"

Actually, Licensing Management is a sideline to Sotsu Agency, a
major advertisting agency. In the last few year, Bandai had began
to buy up equity in Sotsu, but the last time I checked, it's only the
second largest shareholder. I think Sotsu's role in Gundam is
similiar to Big West, another ad agency, to Macross.

http://nikkei-biz.goo.ne.jp/business/perfect/contents/99301_basic.html

Jim Huang