Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:23:53 -0800

>> Why did VIZ pick GZ to translate? There are so many UC and AC manga
>> sitting there untranslated. Doing a shojo manga is interesting, but it
>> doesn't seem like a profit-maximizer. Let's see now... one of these buttons
>> should unlurk Mark, maybe I should steal Mark's suit...
>
>Viz missed the boat on the Gundam Wing, Eternal Waltz, Battlefield of
>Pacifists
>and G-Unit manga, which had already been snapped up by Mixx, the publishing
>division of Tokyo Pop. (Or is it the other way around, with Tokyo Pop the
>marketing division of Mixx?)

Actually all the titles Mixx is publishing belong to Kodansha. Ground Zero
was not a Kodansha title, therefore Viz was able to get it. IIRC the other
Mixx titles, such as Cardcaptor Sakura, was also a Kodansha manga.

>In any case, GZ was the only Wing related manga still up for grabs.

What about Episode Zero? I don't think it's been annouced yet.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0