Nicholas \ (echofox@wingzero.net)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:20:40 -0800

Alright boys and girls =P
VOTOMS will be out on DVD on February 27th. Yes, the whole series. All 13
DVD volumes are being released on the same day.
The price is spectacularly low, too. $13.96 per DVD from express ($21.74cdn
from www.cnl.com for my Canadian brethren). This is, of course, a 1983 anime
series, and a pretty minimal DVD set, but that's a very attractive deal.
Don't expect any digital remastering, a la the glamorous treatment Macross
is getting, and it is a subtitle only release, but who cares?
I hope this is something we'll see a lot of in the future. Old shows with a
limited potential appeal getting the quick and cheap treatment for the
hardcore fans. This opens up an awful lot of classic 70's and 80's super and
giant robot shows up for potential release, so I hope this series does well.
Shove the old episodes on DVD's, get a subtitle track on there, and sell 'em
cheap to the fans. Hell, I'd never see VOTOMS otherwise, so I don't really
need fancy extras and a dub track is a waste of DVD space for me, and the
price makes it a clincher.
Next time I make a DVD order I'l definately going to pick up a couple of
volumes to check it out.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"