Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:00:43 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "-Z-" <z@gundam.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: February 23, 2001 2:29:40 AM GMT
Subject: RE: [gundam] Rockets Blow, But Jets Suck AND Blow (Was: gelgoog
model kits...)

*snip*

>The fusion powered rocket motors on the MS work a bit >differently. Since
any
>fluid -- liquid or gas -- is converted to an explosively >expanding cloud
of ions
>by the heat of the reaction, no oxidation is required. Air, >water,
petroleum,
>maple syrup, milk, swamp gas, neon, freon, the blood of the >Zeon -- it all
>atomizes quite nicely, thank you. Whatever fluid you use is >the
propellant --
>the material whose expansion in a directed jet propels the >craft.

Makes me wonder what they do to thier liquid human waste. Now thats
recycling

*snipetty snip*

>Short-range MS theoretically have all the propellant they need >for their
>assigned missions in external reservoirs. When you need to go >farther or
stay
>longer, you need to add additional propellant, which means >attaching
external
>tanks that can be tossed away when the propellant is used up.

>-Z-

Now why is it that we never see Fed Ms with extended propellant tanks? My
theory is that they tend to operate within always cloe by to a ship/carrier
and ar used more with fleet oereations while the Zions go mroe commando
style with their MS. I find it surprising that the Feds didn't come up with
a versin of the Zion marines.

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.