javier vega (gundame81@yahoo.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:11:04 -0800 (PST)

--- "Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool!"
<mhanyo1@umbc.edu> wrote:
> > Gundam Wing and the other series. not all people
> will spend 1-2 hours a
> > day/night to research on Gundam, they may be what
> we call casual fans,
>
> Well, that's true, but hey, point your browser to
> www.gundam.com (which is
> naturally one of the first sites to come to mind)
> and click on any of the
> links - story, timeline, suit datafile, there's
> other series listed there.
> Idunno, I'd be curious to see what they are, I
> wouldn't just jump straight
> to the wing stuff if that was all I knew.
>
> > series. on the other hand if Mobile Suit Gundam
> was the first Gundam to
> be
> > shown in the US, you'd expect people to be looking
> for Amuro or Char in
> > Wing.
>
> See, that's something I don't get. I mean, WHY would
> you look for them?
> Maybe it's a different mindset some people, but,
> with the exception of the
> 15-year span that the Amuro/Char thing covered (from
> OYW up to Char's
> counterattack), the characters aren't the same. Char
> and Amuro were in Zeta,
> but weren't main characters. I don't recall them
> having anything to do with
> ZZ, or any of the OVAs either. Heck, in 0083 the
> only reference to the TV
> series was calling the Albion a modified white base,
> or something like that.
>
> It's like the Final Fantasy games. There's 9 of 'em,
> and there are
> similarities between the series (special weapons,
> the crystals in some of
> them, etc), but the stories and characters are
> different. Maybe I'm just
> thinking differently, but unless it's an extension
> of a series, I wouldn't
> expect to see the same characters. "Mobile Suit
> Gundam" and "Gundam X" are
> different series, so why should there be a relation?
> When FF8 was in
> development, rumors would fly around the web and in
> magazines of people
> saying things like, "Oh, see, in the end of FF7 this
> happened, which caused
> this to happen, and hence in FF8 you get this!" But,
> no! They're not
> related, they're not supposed to be! The gundam
> series are like that. In the
> grand scheme of things, they're all related - you
> know, they have mobile
> suits, a gundam, a lot of 'em use the word
> "minovsky" but beyond that,
> they're each different.
>
> Whereas, for a long-running TV series like "Star
> Trek: the next generation"
> you'd expect to see the same crew each season, you
> wouldn't expect to see
> them all the time in say, "Star Trek: Voyager." Same
> difference, only the
> Gundam series are just one season, telling a whole
> story.
>
> > it's not that they don't care, maybe they don't
> know. all they know is
> [...]
 Thats ok there are some fans that learn to tell by
Experence if I spell that right just to know that or
not know what "Gundam" some know Model,Series,Mecha,
some watched some did not that what I think Char
pointed out about the Gundam Experence some are not so
sure hell People think Video Game call Gundam Assult
what was Really called Gundam Battal Masters 2 some
people maybe think that it had all the the Gundam Wing
People only had Heero they riped out some Girl off the
Game it had Mecha from other Gundam series Heero was
piloting all of the Mecha Heero was a Pain in the ass
in that game Send that Game back the other the next
store (I did not like that game) my called up about
that game asked me if he can Borrow that game asked me
If "Do they have Deathsyth?" I told him Only had
Heero's Mecha he thinks that it had the Heavy Arms in
that Game Not really it had Mecha from other series
you know that Fucking ass hole needs to pay me back
for all those Gundam Wing kits he buy out from all the
money he said that he would pay me back out of his
Gundam Experence he needs Learned he need to learn how
to use a Pant sets. OMI( he is an Idiot but he is my
friend)