Nicholas \ (echofox@wingzero.net)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:43:38 -0800

I saw 6 episodes or so and quite enjoyed what I saw. Great music (some of Kanno's best), attractive character designs, Tomino's "anti-mecha" ideal (i.e. ugly, ugly, giant robots) and a strange story that seems to be going in an interesting direction.
I really didn't get the whole "Eva ripoff" bit that most people babbled about, and in fact didn't see anything similar at all.
I'm quite looking forward to watching more as soon as I can track down more episodes...

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"

----- Original Message ----- From: Dom Tetreault To: gundam@aeug.org Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 7:05 AM Subject: [gundam] OT: Brain Powered

Alright, would someone tell me why this series has such a bad reputation? I've watched the first few episodes and I can't see anything wrong. The story isn't 'incomprehensible', as some sites say; I actually think it's pretty interesting and I've almost run out of tapes to rent at my local shop. The animation doesn't suck, the character designs aren't hideous misshapen mutants... have people just decided to hate it because the OP is filled with naked young women? What am I missing here? (Or, conversly, not missing?)

Am I just too simple to see what everyone else hates in series? First Gundam X, and now this. =)

- dom

'afros are number one!' (nabeshin, excel saga) 'our only responsibility is to take over the world!' (martina, slayers next)